The new VMP underhood ice tank replaces the factory degas bottle with a 2+ gallon capacity tank. The new tank is made out of aluminum for lightweight durability. It also features a large lid for ease of filling. VMP recommends using large ice cubes for best results.
- 2+ gallon capacity is ideal for 1/4 mi runs based on our testing
- Holds 10 lbs of ice easily; 20 lbs can be achieved with tight packing
- 1/4″ ball valve for draining the melted ice after a pass
- Fits positive displacement superchargers from VMP, Roush, KB, and Whipple that use a rear inlet design.
- Line-X black textured coating improved underhood appearance and reduces sweating
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Actual weight only 7 lbs empty
- Large, 4″ clear lid standard; optional black lid available
- Attaches to factory mounting points
Does not fit with Roush airbox style intakes or Roush 110 mm intake. Not recommended for cars that are road-raced.
The drain valve is located to prevent fully draining the tank; this is to keep the pump from sucking air and losing prime. We recommend installing a switch on the pump circuit so you do not melt all the ice before getting to the line. Avoid over-packing the tank with ice as the intercooler pump can lose prime. Use large ice cubes for the best results.